Monday, May 20, 2019

Springtime Happy - High Hopes Stamps

Today is my turn to share some inspiration on the One Crazy Stamper blog and I've decided it's time to finally celebrate the arrival of spring.  I know it's here (hopefully) because the cherry tree is blooming and perennials are popping up everywhere.
I was trying for something different this week and was aiming for big white paint splats but it just didn't work because the kraft paper seemed to be very absorbent and it soaked the ink right up until it almost disappeared. Time to pull out the Frantage!  I love using that embossing powder and although it's not the look I was aiming for, I am happy with the effect.
The next step was to stamp the LL014 Spirits a Lift sentiment and lightly sprinkle Frantage on the surface.  When I use Frantage, I always apply it loose (no Versamark) and heat it from the bottom until it melts.  I stamped and cut out the T209 Basket of Love image and then cut another set of those funny little faces and a bow, then coloured everything.  Once I glued them down and the petals remained loose, it looks a little like the paper tole craft some of us used to dabble in.


You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the One Crazy Stamper blog, and the One Crazy Stamper Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Copics:
Basket - E29, E27, E25, E23, E21
Bow - Y28, Y26, Y23, Y21
Leaves - YG67, YG17, YG13, YG11
Flowers - RV99, RV95, RV93, RV91, RV0000; E35, E33, E34, E30;Y26, Y23, Y21
Supplies:
Image - High Hopes T209 Basket of Love
Sentiment - High Hopes LL014 Spirits a Lift
Misc:
Stickles, brads, Frantage

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Lovely image and so beautifully coloured Marilyn. Isn't it annoying when you have a brilliant idea and it doesn't work! Love the frantage background!
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa Lynn said...

This stamp and sentiment are wonderful and another beautiful background.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your sweet and happy card! I have had that happen before with white paint- love your solution! The frantage adds a nice touch to the card. Love the sentiment as well!