Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Counting Sheep - All Dressed Up Challenge

How sad is that sentiment?  For me, it's true because I have horrible sleeps, waking up every hour and sometimes more frequently than that.  I've tried everything but no matter what, it's the way it is so I thought this sentiment I found on the internet was perfect for the counting sheep theme on my card. 
Today is the beginning of a new challenge at the All Dressed Up Challenge blog.  For my card, I used All Dressed Up's Counting Sheep and printed them out in different sizes.  To colour the sheep, I added small curved lines with W3, then filled in with W1.  Then the colorless blender was used over everything to blend it in.  The face and ears were done with W5/3/1 and sparingly in corners to darken them a little and finally R20 inside the ears.  I had a wooden fence digi so sponged in Chipped Sapphire, Wild Honey, Salty Ocean and Festive Berries Distress Inks for the sky.  When the it and the fence were finished, I embossed Gold Embossing Tinsel in a few spots for the stars.
The theme for the challenge is always Anything Goes with the only rule to enter being you use an All Dressed Up image.  If you don't have any, they can be can either be purchased at the All Dressed Up Etsy Shop or by downloading one of several cute freebies offered on the blog.
Be sure to head on over to the All Dressed Up Challenge Blog where you can see all kinds of inspiration from the rest of the girls on the team.  Join us for some fun and wonderful creations at the Facebook Fan PageFacebook Challenge (there is a theme for this one) and there's also a Pinterest page to view some more gorgeousness.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good week!
Copics:
Sheep - W5/3/1
Fence - E49, E47, E44, E31, E30
Grass - YG99, YG97, YG95, YG93
Supplies:
Stamp -  All Dressed Up Counting Sheep
Sentiment - Computer generated
Misc -Stickles, Gold Embossing Tinsel, Chipped Sapphire, Wild Honey, Salty Ocean and Festive Berries Distress Inks

3 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Great scene with those adorable sheep. Love that sentiment because I feel it's true because I take "naps" when I get home from work and then have to get things done before I go to sleep for only a couple of hours...so I don't feel totally rested, lol.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Marilyn - so sorry to hear you suffer from insomnia - it's terrible, but I must say the sentiment did make me smile, although I also can hear the desperation behind it.
Blessings
Maxine

Ithon Crafts said...

Love it! especially that sentiment x