Sunday, August 12, 2018

Llama Tell You - Gerda Steiner Designs

Hi there.
As soon as I saw Gerda Steiner Designs Llama Tell You, I knew I had to have it but it was sold out everywhere.  I did finally manage to get my hands on it and got busy with making a card right away but haven't had a chance to post it until now.
Funny story about this card... I had the design in my head that I wanted to do some masking and have several llamas but then I got this silly idea that I should make three cards.  I have no idea why... I rarely make a multiple of anything but just to put this into perspective, count how many llamas are in this picture.  There's 13... now if you are superstitious you'll think this story is heading in a different direction than it is but here's the deal... remember, I made 3 cards and it all seemed simple until I began colouring them.  13 llamas on each of card... that's 39 llamas to colour!  What the heck was I thinking? At any rate I did finish them but I won't ever do that again but in the end, I did have 3 cute cards.
That's it for me today.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Copics:
E44, E43, E42, E40; RV00, V95, V93, V91 and then Stickles were added to the purple one
Supplies:
Stamp & Sentiment - Gerda Steiner Designs Llama Tell You
Misc - Stickles, enamel dots
Challenges:
Gerda Steiner Designs August challenge

9 comments:

Lorraine said...

A brilliant card, they look so cute and I love the dotty paper
Lorraine x

Sarah said...

Lol...just look at those faces, such a fun card and I applaud you for all that masking and colouring!! xx

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant card such a fun design.xx

Debra K. said...

Oh, this really made me smile this morning :). Such a fabulous card with it's sparkly Llama with the rest of the herd. I can't believe you coloured 39 of them, you must have been sick of the sight of them by the end but you're so right that you now have three wonderfully cute cards. Debra x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun card Marilyn - love it, it gave me a real giggle. I can image that colouring that many Llamas became a tad tedious!
Blessings
Maxine

Carole Pollard said...

Can see why it sold out its adorable just loving this great card Love and hugs Carole x

Anne said...

I love how you've used this adorable image - what a great idea
Next time you want to make 3 the same, maybe choose something a bit less time consuming haha :D
Anne x

Lisa Lynn said...

LOVE IT. Llamas seem to be "in" right now. I just don't like any drama which is perfect with the llama, hehe.

Sandy said...

YES!! You stand out from all the restg!!
Sandy xx