Saturday, April 11, 2020

Mermaid at Heart - Three Room Studio

Hi and welcome to the latest challenge at Three Room Studio and this week it is a colour challenge.  I find colour challenges difficult sometimes and this one did as well. It can be deceiving as to the colours because they look different on your phone screen or a different monitor but I went with the colours on my laptop.
Here's a snap of the colours:
I have to admit, I'm not totally happy with this card - I didn't realize I had a deadline so I felt rushed... blah, blah, blah... plus these are colours I don't normally use but what I really appreciate with colour challenges is how I have to step out of my comfort zone and try something different.
For the water, I rubbed in Tumbled Glass distress ink and then used the smooshing technique and added Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans and Picket Fence.
You can enter the challenge on Instagram and share it by using #TRSCardChallenge 
Be sure to check out the Three Room Studio shop to have a look at the stamp sets, to the Three Room Studio blog, the design team blogs and Instagram
Three Room Studio products are currently available at ONLY the following retailers. Any other retailers selling Three Room Studio products and not listed here are not authorized and the products being offered are therefore counterfeit (AKA: Stolen).
Three Room Studio: http://www.threeroomstudio.com
Simon Says Stamp: http://www.simonsaysstamp.com
Scrapbooking Fairies: http://www.scrapbookingfairies.com
Artful Angel: http://www.shopartfulangel.com
Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies:
Image & Sentiment - Three Room Studio Mermaid at Heart
Dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs Frame It Stitched Circles

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

You may not be happy with the outcome Marilyn, but I think this is a gorgeous card - that background paper is perfect with the wavy lines giving an impression of wave movement, to complement the nautical theme.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa Lynn said...

This is so beautiful and love all the sparkles.