Monday, April 13, 2020

Hippo - Gerda Steiner Designs

Hi and I hope you are well and staying safe.  I seem to be spending more time in my craft room these days so thought it was a good opportunity to get some ink on stamps I have and today's pick is the cute little Hippo with Butterfly from Gerda Steiner Designs.  I stamped a couple butterflies and then stamped and cut another to put on his face so those crossed eyes have something to look at.  You can't really see it on the photo but the butterfly is glued only in the center so his wings have a little dimension.  I used the sentiment from the set and curved the ends down a bit so it would go around the edge of the circle.  I don't know why this little guy has been sitting un-inked for so long... I've always thought it was such a cute image and I'm pleased I have finally got him on paper.
Copics:
Hippo - T5/3/1/0
Shirt - RV23/21/00
Supplies:
Image & Sentiment - Hippo with Butterfly
Dies - CC Designs Stitched Circle, MFT Stitched Blooms
Challenges:
Gerda Steiner Designs - April Share Your Design   

2 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Marilyn you are awesome. Great coloring and great card. Love those flowers.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun card Marilyn, and so beautifully coloured and I love the way you stamped and mounted the Hippo.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine