Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Epstein - Rubbernecker Stamps

It's time for some more Rubbernecker Stamps inspiration and today I've used Epstein, one of the cute little owls.  I love those big eyes...
With my last order, I received the Watercolor Splat Set and I love this set.  It's ten different little splats so for the card, I used different ones and stamped it a couple times using two different ink colours.  To me, it looks a lot like the smooshing technique but without the mess.
I used a different paper for colouring this time and for no other reason than that I have three large packages of it that needs to be used.  Normally I use the Copic XPress paper and it works so well but I thought I'd give this other one a go.  Not nice... the paper is really thick and dense so the markers don't soak in, they just sit on top of the paper and move around.  I don't think it's entirely the paper though because I've had it happen when using some of the Copic E colours with the Xpress paper but this is worse.  You can literally move the colour with your finger so as a result, shading seemed impossible.  
Be sure to check out the Rubbernecker Stamps blog for tons of inspiration and also the  Rubbernecker Facebook Page.  There is also a Facebook Fan Page with lots of inspiration, updates on sales & product and a great place to post your Rubbernecker Stamps creations and you can find Rubbernecker on Instagram too

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

Misc - Tumbled Glass & Broken China distress ink, Stickles

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a sweet card Marilyn - that image is a beauty, and the 'splats' don't look as though they have been stamped at all.
Blessings
Maxine

Liz McGuire, said...

Great effect with those splat stamps, brilliant card, Liz x

jimlynn said...

I'm going to have to check out those splats! LOVE your card Marilyn.
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your slpats, and despite you unhappiness with the reasult, still looks amazing!!!

Lisa Lynn said...

WOW, this owl is too cute. Your stars are wonderful.