Thursday, July 15, 2021

Play Day - All Dressed Up Challenge

 

Hi there!  Today's card is for the July challenge at All Dressed Up stamps and I've used the Play Day digi image.  This image reminds me so much of our only granddaughter who has always been the coolest kid ever!  She's got an amazing sense of humour, tons of style and swagger and is a fabulous young lady.

The card has had many, many trials.  After 6 false starts and lots of paper in the garbage, my printer quit... you know how some cards are just not meant to be?  I ended up getting a new printer and I was off for a fresh start but again, Murphy's Law kicked in.  The card was finished but I saw a bump where I had missed a gob of glue underneath so I tried to repair it.  Blah... ended up tearing the card and had to start over.  This one went along fairly well until I'm adding the watermark and I see the dreaded blobs of tape along the edges... GRRRRR.  At this point, I am just done, I'm late getting it posted for the team so no new photos!  Hahahah... I think we need a card like that occasionally to appreciate the ones that we create without the whole thing exploding!

Be sure to head on over to the All Dressed Up Challenge Blog where you can see all kinds of inspiration from the rest of the girls on the team. Join us for some fun and wonderful creations at the Facebook Fan Page, Facebook Challenge (there is a theme for this one) and there's also a Pinterest page to view some more gorgeousness.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good week!

Copics:
Skirt - BG18/15/13/11
Jacket - RV23/21/00
Shirt - T3/1/0, white Posca pen for the dots
Boots - T9/7/5/3
Sunglasses - C7/5/3Pup - E37/35/33/31
Skin - E11/02/01/00/000
Hair - E47/44/43//41, Y21
Supplies:
Image - Play Day
Sentiment - computer generated
Misc - Tumbled Glass distress ink to shade

2 comments:

Tracey T said...

This is adorable, Marilyn! So beautifully coloured and I really can't see any bits of tape. Even if I could, I think the design is so gorgeous it wouldn't matter! xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh my goodness Marilyn - so glad you persisted to produce this fabulous card!! Some cards just don't want to be made, it seems, but in the end they are often the best.... both my grand daughter could fit this image too!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine