Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Butterflies - Rubbernecker Stamps

Hi there and I hope you are well.  All is good here and it's soon time to get the Christmas rush preparations but in the meantime, I did up a non-holiday card.  I thought it worked up very quickly because there's no colouring, just some stamping and embossing
Using Versamark, I stamped the butterfly onto some heat resistant acrylic and then applied and heated gold embossing powder.  When finished, it's a simple matter of cutting around the embossed edges with a fine scissor. I like the transparent look you get when stamping on the clear acrylic.  I've used regular acrylic and it works just as well, in fact, you are able to shape the edges while warm and it sets that way.  To give dimension to the butterfly, I used some clear adhesive foam pads.  To create the small bits around the edges, I dipped the butterfly stamp into the Versamark and randomly stamped and embossed small segments of the wings.
Be sure to check out the Rubbernecker Stamps blog for tons of inspiration and also the Rubbernecker Facebook Page. There is also a Facebook Fan Page with lots of inspiration, updates on sales & product and a great place to post your Rubbernecker Stamps creations and you can find Rubbernecker on Instagram too.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Rubbernecker Product:
Stamps - 3018 Brush Butterflies, 1050-03 Altogether Wonderful
Dies - 5002D Nested Circle, 5003D Nested Rectangle
Misc - MGOLDEMBOSS WOW Gold Embossing Powder

2 comments:

jimlynn said...

I've never thought to stamp on acrylic. Will have to try that. Love your beautiful card!
Lynn

Lisa Lynn said...

Gorgeous! That gold is so elegant.