Thursday, November 7, 2019

Autumn Owl - All Dressed Up Release

Hi and welcome to the new release at All Dressed Up digi stamps and it's another month with four beautiful new images which are just in time for fall and Christmas.  This little beauty is named Autumn Owl and below is a pic of all the new images which can be purchased in the store now.
You know how every once in a while we end up with a card which seems to be destined for trouble from the very beginning?  Well.. that's what this one was.  I had my paper picked out and was set to do a fall colour scheme but before I got it cut, I changed my mind and spent a good 20 minutes looking for something different and then found this floral one which I quite like.  That was the least of my worries because from that point on, it all went downhill.  I had the owl completely coloured and went to put dark v's on the wing for feathers using a Copic but I couldn't get the lines fine enough so started over.  I had almost everything coloured and pulled out a pink marker to do some flowers and when I opened it, some pink dots flew out onto my picture.  AAAck!  I know better than that... I make a conscious effort to never open a marker over the picture because this very thing has happened before.  Luckily, I managed to get rid of most of it with colorless blender and disguise the rest but I wasn't totally happy with how the card was looking but pressed on because I was running late and had to get it finished.  Thought I'd finally made it to the finish line but once I had the picture taken and watermarked, I realized I'd forgotten to add a button and string to the sentiment bar which I intended to do.  Time was really running short so I decided to got with the pic as is and was annoyed as all get out about it.  
Hahahah... sheesh, this card had me so stressed out but you know, I think we all need one of those 'oh my' cards every once in awhile to be able to appreciate our work more.  I'm still not totally happy with the card but I feel I learned from doing it and that's always a good thing.  There... that's my card saga and hopefully it doesn't happen again for a long, long time!
Be sure to visit the All Dressed Up Challenge Blog to see what else was created by the team for this release. While you are there, take a peek at the current challenge where the theme at the is always Anything Goes with the only rule to enter being you use an All Dressed Up image. If you don't have any, they can be can either be purchased at the All Dressed Up Etsy Shop or downloading one of several cute freebies offered on the blog.
Join us for some fun and wonderful creations at the Facebook Fan Page, Facebook Challenge (there is a theme for this one) and there's also a Pinterest page to view some more gorgeousness.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good week!
Copics:
Shading - C2, C1, C0, C00
Owl - E53, E51, E50; E35, E33, E31, E30
Supplies:
Image - All Dressed Up  Autumn Owl
Sentiment - Papertrey Ink Mega Mixed Messages (this may be discontinued.  I've had the stamps for years and cannot find a link for it)
After colouring the image, I soaked a segment of paper towel in Colorless Blending Solution and pressed down to give the body a little texture and more of a mottled look
Misc - Stickles, Bundled Sage distress ink, Liquid Pearls, Copic Multiliner

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Despite the trials and trauma you had over the making of this card Marilyn, it looks amazing to me!! Love that sweet image and how you have coloured all those wee flowers!
Blessings
Maxine

Shelly Schmidt said...

I wish the cards I was not so happy with looked this good! LOL I think this is beautiful! Your colors are so pretty, and your coloring is always beautiful!

Lisa Lynn said...

So beautiful. Great paper to go with the image.