Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Butterflies - Rubbernecker Stamps

I received some new stamps anddies in the mail from Rubbernecker Stamps and we all know how exciting that is.  Fires up the mojo and creativity, doesn't it?  Everything on this card is new, from the butterflies to the splat stamps and the card is relatively simple and easy to put together with no Copics used!  I used the Mirror Gold Embossing Powder on heat resistant clear acetate and then used the corresponding dies to cut them out and then decided to trim the acetate as close to the embossed parts as I could.  I glued them down only on the body parts so I could fold the wings up and give it some dimension.  Love the way the top butterfly looks because to me it seems almost as though the wings are separate but they aren't, it's a single wing.
The pretty scalloped die is another new piece and I used Spun Sugar and Bundled Sage distress ink to stamp behind it.  I really like the Splat Stamps, there's 10 different splat designs in the set and they are pretty nifty (ha!  now there's a word that's telling you my age, isn't it?).   
Be sure to check out the Rubbernecker Stamps blog for tons of inspiration and also the  Rubbernecker Facebook Page.  There is also a Facebook Fan Page with lots of inspiration, updates on sales & product and a great place to post your Rubbernecker Stamps creations and you can find Rubbernecker on Instagram too.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!


Misc - Spun Sugar and Brushed Sage distress ink

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Haven't heard nifty for a while now, but I am also familiar with it!!
Loving this card with it's gentle sophistication contrasted with a hint of grunge Marilyn. It's exquisite
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa Lynn said...

Marilyn that is such a wonderful sentiment. Love the gold butterflies. It's always nice to get new toys to play with.