Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Feathers - Rubbernecker Stamps

Hi there and I'm glad you popped by.
Today's card is a little different for me but I quite like the look of it.
I don't know why I have it or even when I bought it but I found a package of heat resistant acetate in my stash so thought I might give it a go.  The card is quick and easy, yet it has a stylish look.  I simply used Versamark to stamp the feather onto the acetate and then sprinkled the gold embossing powder onto it and heated.  When finished, I took my scissor and cut around the feather and glued it down.  I really like the intricate lines of the feather and they embossed beautifully and with the acetate, there was no bending of it - I'm sure plain acetate would work as well and you could then easily shape it so the one edge curved up and stayed in place instead of stacking several foam dots like I did.
Be sure to check out the Rubbernecker Stamps blog for tons of inspiration and also the  Rubbernecker Facebook Page.  There is also a Facebook Fan Page with lots of inspiration, updates on sales & product and a great place to post your Rubbernecker Stamps creations.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Supplies:
Misc :
Heat Resistant Acetate, sequins

7 comments:

Sarah said...

What an exquisite feather, and gilded too...beautiful xx

Petra-loves-paper said...

What a great idea, looks so elegant!

Lisa Lynn said...

Marilyn, this is so elegant!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow Marilyn - this is amazing - love the rich and opulent embossing on the vellum that makes this look stunning
Blessings
Maxine

Doreen said...

Ooo love the feather, this is just gorgeous.xxx

Debra K. said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I really love this CAS card with the beautiful feather. What a wonderful idea to do it on acetate. Debra x

Sandy said...

OMG Marilyn - this is so fancy and fabulous for all those sophisticated card lovers - quite different for you - I am still a big love of your coloring!
Sandy xx