Saturday, September 15, 2018

Batty for You - All Dressed Up Challenge

Hi there!
A new challenge begins today at the All Dressed Up Challenge Blog and the theme is always Anything Goes with the only rule to enter being you use an All Dressed Up image.  If you don't have any, they can be can either be purchased at the All Dressed Up Etsy Shop or by downloading one of several cute freebies offered on the blog.
For today's card, I've used the Batty For You digital stamp which I thought would be timely because Hallowe'en isn't too far away.  I printed off three different sizes of the bats and kept the sentiment part of the image separate.
I found the most lush paint I've ever used and it was a total mistake.  I went back to my local scrapbooking store to find some Hallowe'en colours of the Viva Inka Gold, saw the Violet and Rose colours and grabbed them without paying too much attention.  They were in the pile of Viva products, right?  I do that stuff all the time but this time, it worked out for the better... anyway, I got back home and was so annoyed when I opened it and it was paint, not paste.  I didn't want to go back to the shop so thought I'd give it a go and try to smoosh it onto paper.  This paint gives the most incredible look... I've taken a close up so you can see it, it has the prettiest shimmer ever!
You can find these silly bats over at the All Dressed Up Etsy Shop but I'll warn you, you won't be able to stop at just one!
Be sure to head on over to the All Dressed Up Challenge Blog where you can see all kinds of inspiration from the rest of the girls on the team.  Join us for some fun and wonderful creations at the Facebook Fan PageFacebook Challenge (there is a theme for this one) and there's also a Pinterest page to view some more gorgeousness.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good week!
Copics:
Bats - all three were coloured with W7, W5, W3, W1 and then I went over the tiny one with BV00 to get a purple tinge and the mid size one with YG11 to get the green
Supplies:
Stamp & Sentiment -  All Dressed Up Batty For You 
Dies - Paper Smooches Stitches
Misc - Viva 3D Stamp Paint Violet Metallic and Rose Metallic

5 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

These bats are just too cute. Love this layout. I have bats in my neighborhood, and wish that I had a few more because we have sooooo many mosquitoes right now so they could have a feast!

Doreen said...

Love all your gorgeous details and fab images,xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

What sweet bats, Marilyn, and a fabulous card. I use the Inka Gold paints quite often and they are wonderful - the sheen is stunning.
Blessings
Maxine

Carole Pollard said...

Great design and a fab sentiments its all so lovely Love and hugs Carole x

Anne said...

Awww I love those bats! Great card design and the paints look lovely
Anne x