Thursday, August 3, 2017

Always Be a Unicorn - Craftin' Desert Divas

Hi Everyone and I hope you are well!
Don't you just love the unicorn trend going on right now?  I think we all like those magical, whimsical creatures and the adorable cards you can make with them.
I found this cutie in the Craftin' Desert Divas digital section and thought it was so sweet and would make a wonderful card for a special little girl I know.  The image is called Be a Unicorn and you also get the sentiment which is so perfect.  I decided to make it into a shaker card and used Kennedy Grace's Pink Champagne sequins mix plus I added a few of the pretty Studio Katia Sparkling Crystals. After colouring the unicorn and stars, I cut them out, added Stickles and placed them on the card, using some pop up dots with the unicorn.
I tried a different method with this shaker than I normally use and I am much happier with it.  This time, I cut several layers of cardstock, glued them together and then added them to the front of the card.  I used to use a couple layers of foam but this is much more sturdy and looks cleaner and neater too.
Have a happy & magical unicorn day!
Copics:
Tail & Mane - RV11, RV10, BG13, BG11, BG10
Unicorn - C3, C2, C1, C0; RV 11, RV10
Supplies:
Image & Sentiment - Craftin' Desert Divas Be a Unicorn
Dies - My Favorite Things Stitched Arch Stax
Paper - Echo Park Bundle of Joy
Misc - Studio Katia Sparkling Crystals, Kennedy Grace's Pink Champagne sequins mix, Stickles
Challenges:
Fab n' Funky - Use a patterned paper
Lemon Shortbread - #47 Anything Goes
Little Miss Muffet - #168 Anything Goes
Love to Scrap - Kidz Rule
In the Pink - Fantasy
Die Cut Divas - Anything Goes
Cardz for Galz - Pretty Pastels

12 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh Marilyn, this is just so beautiful! You have surely made the Unicorn look magical- I love this card! The shaker is so pretty. You are going to have a happy special girl!

Debra K. said...

Oh Marilyn, this is just so adorably sweet! I really love how you've coloured the unicorn with it's two tone mane and tail. Gorgeous paper and shaker elements choice. The sentiment is so cute too. She'll absolutely love her card :). Debra x

Christine L said...

I'm loving this gorgeous little unicorn Marilyn... and your fabulous colouring of him! I've not heard of those digis, but I think I'll be buying from them soon! Your card design is perfection - and of course, I have a weakness for shaker cards at the mo, so it ticks all my boxes!

Christine x

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Marilyn! ADORABLE! I love the shading and sparkle in your little unicorn's main and tail! FABULOUS design idea. And the cute shaped shaker card in the background is another way to make your unicorn stand out. Gorgeous colors and sweet sentiment! It would also be perfect for the Cardz 4 Galz challenge, as well! thanks for your sweet visit to my blog this evening! hugs, de

Sarah said...

LOVE this so much!! xx

Donna Ellis said...

I'm back with my other hat, Marilyn! So glad I got to see your masterpiece showcased at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge. Thanks for joining in with your lovely artwork. Hope to see more of your pretty creations in our future challenge themes! Please check back to see if you have won a badge. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap, good luck!!! Amy DT

Arlene said...

So darn cute, made me chuckle. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Anne said...

I'm having a catch up Marilyn and have enjoyed visiting your blog, your cards are lovely.
This is so sweet, I love shaker cards!
Anne x

Lorraine said...

This is just adorable, gorgeous design and such a cute stamp.


Thanks for joining this months challenge at In the Pink.
Lorraine x

Sandy said...

So sweet - I have always loved Shaker Cards but have never made one! Oh woe is me!!!!!
sandy xx

Sian said...

This is such a beautiful, cute card. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. (Apologies for the late comment. I have just returned from a two week holiday.) Sian.