Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Paper Trail Product Review - Elizabeth Craft Designs Peel-Off Stickers


I have a couple of projects I want to show you today and they feature the Elizabeth Craft Designs Peel-Off Stickers.   Chelsea from The Paper Trail sent these to me and asked that I use and give a review of them.  There's so many to choose from but these are the Gold Dragonfly ECD2394. 
Well... I looked at these and was completely stumped as to how to use them because I am normally a card maker and use Copics to colour, flowers, brads and Frantage to embellish so... what to do, what to do?
I decided I should first of all stay within my comfort zone and make a card.
What I made:
I thought I'd keep it fairly simple because this was new territory for me and I'm actually quite pleased with how it turned out and it was quick too!  I simply peeled one of the flowers and some of the circles off and stuck them down.  Then I took some Stickles and filled in the lines... like colouring with glitter and who doesn't like to do that?  Next step was to sponge in some distress ink colour, add a sentiment, use my Copic Multiliner to do some doodles around the edge and then finally add some Frantage.


















Then I decided to try one of those little pop up boxes I see all over the internet so I went hunting for a tutorial and found one at Splitcoaststampers. This was a little more work because to make sure the images were sturdy enough to stand, I stuck them down on a piece of card stock and then cut around the gold outline.  Then various colours of Stickles were used to fill in the lines.

 


What I liked:
Surprisingly, I did like working with these stickers and yes, I will use them again.  I have some black ones which I will do up at a later date.  I like the look the sticker gives... as you can tell with the sentiment, it's a very different finish than you will get with embossing.  The stickers adhere really well but you are also able to easily pull them off if you decide on a different placement.  Also, the gold outline did not lift or pucker at all as I added the stickles.  Lastly, the price is so reasonable that you simply can't go wrong.  The package was $2 and for that I got the card, the box and have a few left over. 
What I didn't like:
Once I got over my initial nervousness about using the stickers, I found I quite liked them and there's nothing I don't like about them.  Different projects for me and I'm glad I got to try something out of my ordinary.  Think out of the box... that's what I had to do.
Card Supplies:
Sentiment - CC Designs Birthday Sentiment
Elizabeth Craft Designs Peel-Off Stickers - Gold Dragonfly EXD2394
Misc - Tim Holtz Weathered Wood distress ink, Shabby Blue Frantage, Copic .3 Multiliner, Stickles

Pop Up Box Supplies:
Elizabeth Craft Designs Peel-Off Stickers - Gold Dragonfly EXD2394
Sentiment - Lili of the Valley Dreamy Days Sentiment
Dies - Cheery Lynn Fancilful Flourish
Paper - Imaginisce Baby Powder Tiny Tantrum
Misc -  Golf Embossing Powder,  Stickles

16 comments:

Renee said...

Beautiful Mar! I love your card in a box...you did a fab job with the peel off stickers! I also love the simplicity of your birthday card! Love the lines and dashes.....so cute!

Sandy said...

Hey Sweet Thang - Your card is gorgeous and I love your design. Your box is out of this world pretty - when you have talent, you might as well flaunt it!!! That box is something else!!!
sandy xx

jimlynn said...

I've never even attempted to work with stickers before but you nailed these!!! LOVE that card and the simplicity of it. Of course the Frantage just adds that little something extra too. The box! Mercy me!!!!!! GORGEOUS!!!
Outstanding job on both!
Lynn

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, these are amazing, fabulous colours, hugs Pops x x x

Sarah said...

These are great Marilyn, so effective with the glitter. I have a four inch wad of peel off stickers that I haven't used for years...you've inspired me!! xx

Unknown said...

Great job Marilyn, Both project are awesome :-D

Sue said...

These are gorgeous Marilyn. I love your CAS design card and your pop up box looks wonderful.
Sue xx

Sassy Raggedy said...

Marilyn, I love all of these projects. The cards are wonderful and the box wow it is awesome. Love the colors. Hugs, joann

kiwimeskreations said...

What beautiful projects Marilyn - love the card box - it is stunning! And how versatile are those stickers!!
Blessings
Maxine

coops said...

so stunning marilyn.i love your pretty cas design and your pop up box is fantastic, gorgeous details and colours ;D

xx coops xx

Sue said...

Oooooooooo Marilyn such gorgeousness if thats a word LOL oh my word so beautiful huggles Sue xx

Nancy said...

Wow! Beautiful projects, Marilyn! They look like lots of fun to play with! :o)

Cathy P said...

This is such an unusual card for you, Marilyn. . . not a Copic in sight!! One of the things I admire about you is a willingness to challenge yourself. Not only is your card beautiful, that pop up box is totally amazing! Glad you figured out a way to use the stickers and stretch yourself. You nailed this one! Hugs, Cathy xx

Anne said...

Wow, such a beautiful card! Love the frantage and the clean design and framing. The box is stunning!

Hugs, Anne.

Barb said...

Maxine--this is so cute. I got some of these stickers a few weeks ago from a friend and I loved coloring them too!

Tracy said...

How have i only just seen these ! they are both BEAUTIFUL ! and i am in love with your card in a box, you have rocked the peel offs xx