Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Snow People

Time for a new challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and this month's theme is Snowmen/People so let's see what wintery delights you can come up with.  I must say, just the thought of snowmen gave me a chill... hehehee... the massive quantity of snow we had this past winter is still very fresh in my mind so I really didn't want to be reminded of it but hey, a challenge is a challenge, right?
Our sponsor this month is My Mum's Craft Shop who is giving a £10 voucher to the shop.
This cute snowman and sentiment is from Kraftin Kimmie Stamps and is designed by Cheryl Alger and titled Frosty Winter Friends,   I used MFT Die-Namics Fishtail die, the paper is by Memory Box  and the buttons are from my stash.  
Copics:
Snowman - W3, W1, W0
Jacket - G85, G82, G00
Lastly, I added some Dry Fine Stickles to the snowman, made some dots with a Viva Pearl Pen and added snow using Twinklets Diamond Dust.

20 comments:

Tracey T said...

Love this fabulous card, Marilyn. A really fun image that teams perfectly with those classy papers. Hugs, Tracey xx

kiwimeskreations said...

BRRRRR - parts of our country not far from us are getting snow now!! Love your card though.
Blessings
Maxine (in New Zealand)

Ilonka said...

Hi Marilyn,

Stunning card, Image is so cute !!

Hugs, Ilonka

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the fab image and papers.xxx

Sue said...

Fabulous card Marilyn. I love that snowman, beautiful colouring and gorgeous papers.
Sue xx

jimlynn said...

Terrific card! Love that image and the way you did the snow on here.
Hope y'all don't have to worry about snow for a while though.
Lynn

Nancy said...

Oh, my! That is just too cute! Love the design of this one very much too! Hmmm...you and I have a bit of a different mind-set it seems. I will be inviting your sweet little friend over for coffee this afternoon when the temperature gets too high again! haha :o)

Sue said...

Awww that snowman is so cute! card is fab hun huggles Sue xx

Kelly said...

Love him!! nice shadowing and colors as well as the banner is quite cool!! I am partial to snowmen so this would make a great Xmas card to me! lol
Frosty Hugs, Kelly

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Marilyn. Love the cute snowman and fab papers.
Lorraine x

Rachel said...

Love this card! Fab image!
Wedgie xxx

Laura said...

What a Fun and cute snowmen! Snowmen always make me smile. Even though I have to think, cold. Your coloring is lovely on this Guy and love the papers. TFS

Renee said...

Oh my gosh this is so cute! That snowman is so stinkin cute with those skinny legs and exceptional coloring going on!

Dawn said...

This is gorgeous Marilyn. Such a sweet image, beautisul colouring and design.

Hugs, Dawn

Anet's Crafting said...

Your card is beautiful Marilyn. I love the cute snowman image.

Doreen said...

your snowman is so cute.
Hugs
Doreen xx

Gail said...

OMGOSH what an adorable snowman! He's got the cutest legs ever! This is a beautiful card..the colors are fabulous, the layout is great...gorgeous! --Gail

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh I would love a chilly day this week! I love that cool image- your card is fabulous!!!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Super colourwork and lovely design and papers, Marilyn! A lovely card. Hugs, Lesley

Anonymous said...

hi marilyn, thanks for popping by and commenting. this is sooo cute!! i love your colouring, the papers and the cute buttons.
linda