Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Choir

 So how are you doing with that Christmas shopping, baking, cleaning?  I'm slowly picking my way through everything but honestly, if I had two months left to do it, I would probably drag it out for the full two months.  The pressure is on now though because it is approaching so quickly.  Before I get at our gift wrapping this morning, I thought I would post a card for the holiday.
This is two separate stamps from Whimsy's artist Chrissy Armstrong but they look like they belong together and it is one image.  I love these two little kids and their menagerie of animals.  The little girl is Whimsy's Christmas Choir Girl and the boy is Christmas Choir Boy and there was barely any masking to do to combine the images - just a wee bit by the mouse's hand and feet.  The snowflakes are Whimsy's Layered Snowflakes dies and I have to tell you, I use these all the time and am so glad I bought them.  They cut like a dream and are so versatile.
The paper is Authentique's Festive Collection which I won from Paper Parade - this is fabulous paper if you've not tried it yet... it's very thick paper and the designs are gorgeous.  I used Copics to colour the images and added some Stickles (one of my favourite embellishments!) to the gowns and the dots are made using a Viva Pearl Pen.
 
Challenges:
Critter Sketch - Anything Goes
Deep Ocean - So This is Christmas
Mark's Finest Papers - Red and Green
One Crazy Stamper - Holiday Card or follow the sketch
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes with the added optional extra of making a gift for Christmas
Simon Says Stamp - Snowflakes
Stamp and Create - Sparkly Christmas

30 comments:

Annie said...

ooo what a fabulous festive card! I love your combined images, especially the little spaniel dog! and all so beautifully coloured. fab silver snowflakes too!
hugs, annie x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous...love the fab image and details.xxx

Ilonka said...

Hi Marilyn, this is so stunning and I love the image so much. Is it a digi Stamp Marilyn ?? I like to buy them. Your details also are just fabulous !!

Hugs Ilonka

Sandy said...

You are absolutely right Marilyn!! Having both of these stamps is an absolute must!!!! You are such a sweet heart -- I will get you back!!!! And yes, I do plan on copying you. No fancy words for me, I am just going to plagiarize - WO Ho Ho!!! Your creation is wonderful -- I think I am getting behind in my spying.
Happy Holidays
Sandy

Chrissy said...

Absolutely beautiful Marilyn, love the colouring and fabulous shading, gorgeous image, love the papers and sparkle...gorgeous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

jimlynn said...

Stunning and such beautiful coloring! Love the use of the pearl pen making all the "snow"!
Lynn

Sue said...

This is stunning. I love how you have combined the two images and your colouring is wonderful

Sue

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Marilyn. I love the image and your beautiful colouring.
lorraine x

Pat said...

Absolutely gorgeous and cute. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Awww cute!!! Your colouring is sensational as always :) Love the tones and an adorable image

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW! These are really beautiful - every little detail is perfect, which results in a stunning card.
Blessings
Maxine

coops said...

so gorgeous marilyn.i love the stunning sweet image and your colouring is fabulous :D
i am not at all organised for christmas, still have presents to buy.no present wrapping done yet.no tree or decs up and all my personal chistmas cards still to make :S

x coops xx

Kelly said...

I love your style Marilyn, Sandy told me you were one of the best carmakers out there! I agree, your coloring is so gorgeous and the images you choose are adorable. I love this one, those animals are fun. Gorgeous card!
Hugs, Kelly

Nancy said...

Love it! Fantastic colouring on this one, my friend! Beautiful card! :o)

Melissa said...

What a sweet image! Your coloring is beautiful, as always, and I just love the addition of the sparkly snowflakes!!! So pretty!

Renee said...

Oh my how darn cute! What a heart warming image ...reminds me of the olden days when I was a kid :) you did a fantastic job!

Brodders said...

Great card :) Thanks for playing along with us at PTW - Jane x

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness How SWEET is this Miss Marilyn!! LOVE your Darling image and Beautiful coloring! Wowie!! Just a Gorgeous Christmas card Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Unknown said...

Hi Marilyn,your card is just stunning.Love Whimsy they are so sweet and your colouring is amazing! I wish you and your family Happy Holidays! Hugs Willie

June Nelson said...

Hiya darlin , well this is just out of this world, what a beautiful card, and love your colouring too, its fabulooius, big huggies Juen xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the scene- your coloring- as always- fabulous! I love the Vintage feel to this card!

Rosmarie said...

Hi Marilyn
Wow, what's a beautiful Christmas atmosphere! Wonderful details and highlights are shown on this card ...
the coloration is just gorgeous!

Rosi x

An Occasional Genius said...

This is gorgeous Marilyn! Love the colouring & shading on the gowns. I've wrapped all mt gifts so far but not so much as written a card lol!! Hugs xx

Jenny said...

Such a pretty creation. Love these colours and your fab colouring! Jen xx

Tammy said...

Marilyn this is ADORABLE! I love that image and it's colored beautifully!! So sweet!
Tammy x

Unknown said...

Oh my word Marilyn, what a wonderful, lovely scene this is. Such a serene Christmas card, it's gorgeous! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, take care, happy holidays, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Marilyn, beautiful colouring and you would never know they were separate images!
Helen x

June Nelson said...

Wow this is amazing sweetie and your colouring is out of this world, love it soooooooo much, big hugglies June xxxxxxx

Nicola said...

What a beautifully coloured image Marilyn with stunning snowflakes and the pearl dots are the perfect finishing touch!
Happy Christmas
Hugs Nicola xxx

Gail said...

This is truly a fabulous card. Your coloring is magnificent. Hugs, Gail