Saturday, November 30, 2013

Tags & Paper

Today is the second day Michele at Purple Onion is showcasing some of her design team`s holiday projects.  I decided that since I needed some gift tags, I should make some this year and I am very happy with how they`ve turned out... in fact, I don`t want to put them on gifts in case they get thrown away!  These images are sized perfectly for tags so I used several I had on hand.  Before I get to telling you about the tags, I do want to remind you there is a Black Friday sale at Purple Onion.  All stamps are 25% off until December 10th, plus there will be some additional Black Friday specials which will also be included in the 25% off sale.  These stamps will have an additional 25% off the sale price listed on the website.  To celebrate the recent releases and this sale, there are daily posts by the design team showcasing the images so make a point to stop by the Purple Onion Blog and see what the team has come up with.
I used Stacey Yacula`s images for the first two tags.  The sweet little bluebird is Silver and I set him on the Winter Bough image and then embossed a sentiment from the Handwritten Holiday set which is designed by Jennifer Holmes and Purple Onion Designs.  The pink trees are also Stacey`s Snowy Trees.  Distressing was done with Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress ink and of course I had to add some glitter and Frantage.  I also discovered a fab way to do the little bells and am now thinking I am really quite smart!  hahahha... I rolled the bells in Versamark and then dunked them into the Shabby Blue Frantage jar and heat embossed them.

 The next set of tags is using the images Danson Decorating, Jingle Bells and Joy.  The big antique gold brad is Stampin`Up and again, more bells dunked into Frantage.  This time I used Aged Ochre and just love it because it looks a lot like rusty bells.  The sentiments are from the same Handwritten Holiday set.

More tags!  For this set, I again used the Handwritten Holiday sentiments.  The cookies and milk image is  called Dear Santa, the cute little snowman is Winterberry and the tree is named Large Pine Tree.

My last project in this post was Michelle asked us to make our own wrapping paper plus a matching card or tag.  Mine is very simple, I took a piece of printed paper and heat embossed one of the sentiments from the Handwritten holiday set in gold.  The tag is another made with the Silver and Winter Bough images with the brad being Stampin`Up and the ribbon from my stash.

This was a long post so thanks for staying with me to the end!
Challenges:
Card Crafter`s Circle - Gift Tags
Totally Papercrafts - Ho, Ho, Holidays
Copic Marker - Anything Christmas
ABC Christmas - No Squares
Frilly & Funky - Gift Tags & Note Cards

20 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow Marilyn, they are lovely. I don't think I could part with them either!! x

Tracy said...

Oh wow !!! These really are fantastic, and I LOVE what you have done with the bells ! xxx

Sue said...

You have been busy, I love these! The images are gorgeous and your designs are wonderful.
Sue xx

jimlynn said...

Fantastic set of tags!!! All those images are so cute (and I will go check out the sale too!). Great idea on doing the bells - thanks for that tip! I never have tags done and these would be so wonderful to put on gifts!
Lynn

Kelly said...

These are all gorgeous, send them to me I won't throw them out! I love the pink trees, so sweet! All the images are amazing! You showcased them so perfectly, really gorgeous tags M.
Hugs Kelly

Renee said...

Gosh Mar , these are so cute! What a fun decoration on a Christmas package !

Lorraine said...

You have been busy. Your tags are gorgeous. The images are so sweet and I love the colours and all the sparkle.
Lorraine x

Lorraine said...

You have been busy. Your tags are gorgeous. The images are so sweet and I love the colours and all the sparkle.
Lorraine x

Jennifer said...

How absolutely wonderful these all are! My favourite is the blue birdy on the branch! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

kiwimeskreations said...

These are gorgeous Marilyn - well done on 'discovering' how to alter your bells so beautifully.
Blessings
Maxine

Doreen said...

Love all your gorgeous tags.xxx

jc2711 said...

I thoroughly enjoyed your post and it was not long, it was over too quick :(

Fabulous tags TFS

Jackie

Kay Miller said...

OH my goodness!! These are all stunning! Your tags are just gorgeous and colored so beautifully! I love how you did the wrapping paper too! Lovely work!!

Shelby said...

Fantabulous gift tags! They all look so fun and beautiful.

Shelby

Darlene said...

"Thank you for staying with me to the end" Are you kidding?? I'm in awe. Such gorgeous tags, no wonder you hesitate to use them, they should NEVER be thrown away!

Adorable little images, and your treatments with the brads and bells is so lovely. Thanks for telling us how you did it too!

Love your paper and matching tag as well. So very pretty, each & every one!

coops said...

these are stunning marilyn.i love the gorgeous images :D

xx coops xx

Sandy said...

My goodness child - you have been so busy and making your own wrapping paper!!!!! You tags are out of this world you talented lady!!! I am slow but I try to get here!
Sandy

Jenny Marples said...

Oh Marilyn, these are a joy to behold and I totally understand why you don't want to give them away! Beautifully coloured, each with their matching ribbon trim, they are such well balanced designs too. And then you top it all with a super quick idea for wrapping! Impressive. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tags Marilyn ! I love the images you've used ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Kat W said...

Oh wow, how many gorgeous tags?! I love them all and the cute images and of course, the pretty Frantage - so perfect for Christmas!
Hugs, Kat x