Friday, December 19, 2014

Sugar Nellie, Sugar Nellie, Sugar Nellie!

I have some very exciting news I want to share!  Sugar Nellie recently had a design team call and since this has always been a DT I've aspired to be on, I decided to throw my hat into the ring.  I was so thrilled and still am that I was asked to join the Sugar Nellie team... there were so many fabulous entries (and I do mean fabulous) and I was so lucky to have been asked if I wanted a spot.  Like really? .... of course I'd love to! (that took a nano second!)
So today's card is my first post as a Sugar Nellie design team member.  For my card, I chose to use Sundae Service from Funky Kits.  I've had this stamp for a while now and have always liked it so today is the day!  It's been many, many years since those days of serving ice cream or burgers on roller skates happened and I always loved it in the movies where those pretty pony-tailed gals wheeled around serving food.  I can barely stand up on the darn things so I've always thought roller skating was a real talent.
Also, don't forget to swing by The Sugar Bowl Challenge blog and the Sugar Nellie Facebook page for some fabulous inspiration.  Remember... there's a DT call happening at the Sugar Bowl!
Thanks for stopping by.
Copics:
Dress:  R83, R81, R000
Hair:  E57, E55, E53, E50, YR234
Skin:  E13, E11, E00, E000, R20
Supplies:
Stamps:  Sundae Service,
Sentiment:  Little Darlings Girls Rock
Paper:  Authentique Engage
Dies:  Quickutz Nested Circles, Quickutz Nested Scallops
Challenges:
Divas by Design - Anything Goes
One Crazy Stamper - Anything Goes
Sister Act - Anything Goes
QKR Stampede - Lots of Layers
Sentimental Sundays - Anything Goes
Dies R Us- Anything Goes

25 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Congratulations Marilyn - a deserved recognition of your talent! Love your card - not only a beautifully coloured image, but I love the way you have mounted it, the fun sentiment and the wee cluster of pearls.
Blessings
Maxine

Sue said...

Big congrats on you new DT place Marilyn.
Your card is gorgeous, such a pretty image coloured so beautifully and I love your design.
hugs Sue xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fab image and design.xxx

Nancy said...

WOOHOO for you, Marilyn!! This is another fab card! I love the little pearl clusters, and your colouring too, of course! :o)

Christine L said...

Welcome to our DT Marilyn! And with such a fabulous creation.... in pink (of course).. WONDERFUL card!

Hugs
Christine x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Congratulations on your new DT post Marilyn - very well deserved!
The colouring on this sassy image is fabulous - love the layout too!
Wishing you a very happy Christmas - Sylvia x

Sheila said...

Love this one. Adorable papers x

Debs said...

Huge congrats on your so well deserved new DT post Marilyn - awesome card - love the design and how you have added the image to the centre circle.
Debs xx

Sue said...

A great card. Thank you for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.

Unknown said...

Congratulations sweet-pea! They should be honoured to have you in their ranks! (Say hi to Christine for me)! LOVE your card. I remember seeing those waitresses too! Brilliant news and couldn't have happened to a nicer person. xxx

Karen Day said...

What a fun card, Marilyn! And a great image - thanks for joining our December challenge at One Crazy Stamper!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card, this is the sweetest image...great colours and design. big hugs and congrats on getting onto the DT....feeling a bit green lol.xx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Cathy P said...

Such a great card, Marilyn! Love the way you shaded her skirt! CONGRATULATIONS! I couldn't be happier for you, Friend! I love it when dreams come true like yours did! Hugs, Cathy xx

Kelly said...

Congrats to you! Very exciting to get on a favorite team. Your card is beautiful, reminds me of the 50's when the girls were in the drive ups on skates serving food, yours would be on the ground, lol So happy for you and wishing you a very Merry Christmas!
Hugs Kelly

Darlene said...

WOW! What fabulous coloring and design! LOVE IT! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Inkypinkydelights said...

Loving your most recent makes Marilyn . Happy Weekend. Judy x

Shari said...

Congrats Marilyn on your new dt position! Gorgeous card as usual and thank you for playing with us at One Crazy Stamper and good luck in the challenge.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Big Congrats to you! I always think that when I see your cards- just gorgeous- you are so talented when it comes to coloring & shading- you have a gift to make the images come alive! Love this sweetie- perfect sentiment and love the pearls you added! Merry Christmas!

Patty Sue 2 said...

Congratulations! SN made a fabulous choice and I can't wait to see your lovely cards. A nice Christmas surprise for you! Have a merry Christmas!

Jeannie said...

Congrats on the new DT position, it is well deserved! You do amazing work and are so creative.

Jeannie T.

Unknown said...

Love how you played with pearls on this one, Marilyn. :)

NanaConnie said...

Congrats on the new DT spot, Marilyn. Love your coloring and that background paper is magnificent! Thanks so much for playing along in our "Lots of Layers" challenge at QKR Stampede this week and I hope we see you again soon.
NanaConnie DT

Julie Odil said...

Congrats on the new DT spot! I love this card -- esp that little cluster of pearls -- and the image, of course. Thanks for joining our "Lots of Layers" challenge this week at QKR Stampede. Julie, DT member

karalschuknecht said...

Great card, and beautiful coloring, I see why they asked you to b on the DT. Congratulations! Thanks for joining us this week for Lots Of Layers at QKR Stampede and have a Merry Christmas.
Karal DT

Mirella said...

Beautiful card, and I love the pearl clusters! Thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Divas by Design this week. Hugs, Mirella