Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Happy Christmas Little Star - All Dressed Up

Merry Christmas!  Today is my day to post my inspiration card for All Dressed Up and I would like to also take a moment and tell you how much I enjoy visiting your blogs and am so pleased you visit mine.  I have met many more wonderful internet friends this past year through this wonderful paper crafting passion we all share and for that, I am grateful and so happy to have acquaintances and good friends from all over the world.  My wish for you is to have a wonderful holiday season and I wish you a happy, prosperous and peace-filled 2014. 

To the card... this is Happy Christmas Little Star and available in the All Dressed Up Etsy Store.  I love this cute little gal but I wanted to make it more of a birthday card than Christmas (I am Christmas carded out!) so I erased the star/sentiment and her wings.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up and I tried something different for this one.  I  mixed some Vintage Wine Frantage with Shabby White and I do like the look.  The Vintage Wine is just a bit too dark alone but those little pops of purple are perfect mixed with the white.  I also added Star Dust Stickes to her hair ties, ribbon on the presents and her dress.  Then I added some Frantage to the flourish die, the stars and the clip.
Supplies:
Sentiment:  Stampin' Up's Lots of Thoughts
Misc:  Stickles, Aged Wine Frantage, Shabby White Frantage
Copic Colours:  Dress - V99, V95, V93, V91, V00
                         Hair - E57, E55, E53, E50
                         Rabbit - E55, E53, E51
Thanks for stopping by!
Challenges:
Bearly Mine - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations- Anything Goes
That Craft Place - Anything Goes

20 comments:

jimlynn said...

Marilyn, she makes into a gorgeous birthday card! Love the idea of removing the sentiment and wings for a totally different look. So very pretty.
Hope y'all have having a wonderful Christmas.
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a darling image- the frantage is awesome too! Wonderful use of the image- and your colors are always just perfect!
Hope you had a Merry Christmas!!!

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,fab image and details.xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

Marilyn this is perfect - love every little detail!!
Blessings
Maxine

Unknown said...

Beautiful... Love the shades on the dress and the background paper. :)
Have a great day, Marilyn!

Kat W said...

Sooooo pretty! The frantaged die cuts look gorgeous and I love the sprinkling of glitter :-)
Hugs, Kat x

Kelly said...

I love her hair!! She is very beautiful and the mix of Frantage is fun and festive. This is a gorgeous card but I did get the best one from you!! Your coloring in person is unreal! It is more gorgeous and amazing to see in person, love it!
Happy New Year M!!
Hugs Kelly

Christine L said...

Hi Marilyn

Oooh such gorgeous colouring of this fabulous image...and the frantage is so perfect too!

Hugs
Christine x

Gayle's Crafty Blog said...

Gorgeous card...love the sentiment..thanks for joining us at That Craft Place..hugz Gayle xx

Unknown said...

Hi Marilyn, gorgeous card - your colouring is amazing and fabulous colour choices.

Have just been wandering around your blog and admiring your cards and colouring - am now your newest follower!

Thanks also for the very kind comment on my blog for my entry for the current All Dressed Up challenge - you are more than welcome to use the card, or any cards you want, that's a lovely compliment that you would want to!

Hope you have a great New Year!

Sarah

Patty Sue 2 said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I just love this sweet little image and may have to add her to my stash! Beautiful job as always! Your coloring is fantabulous! Happy New year!

Anonymous said...

Marilyn, This is gorgeous in EVERY POSSIBLE WAY!!
Love the frantage and the fab glitter!!
I had it in my stack to color for the holidays... and it didn't get done... :( :( I think I may have to start doing holiday cards all year 'round to make myself happy!!! I just LOVE them!! :) :) Thanks for popping by today for a visit!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
& I have some yummy candy on my blog today!!
xo

Sheila said...

Love your amazing colouring! Love your blog you are very talented.
If you want to make nice bows check out this video on StampTv it's like "bows made easy"
http://stamptv.ning.com/video/its-the-little-things-triple-looped-bow-card

Heather said...

Beautiful card. I love changing up my stamps also. I always thought, though, the more candles you had, the bigger the presents LOL Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges. Happy New Year.

Unknown said...

Awww this is so cute Marilyn, your coloring is fabulous and love all the splatter of snow and color xx

Annie said...

Happy New Year Marilyn! and thank you for supporting me on my blog throughout the last year and leaving such lovely comments.
I love the pretty card you made today, and the touches of Frantage - on my list of things to try!
Best Wishes to you and yours for 2014!
hugs, annie x

Unknown said...

How on EARTH did I miss THIS fabulous card!!! She's totally knocked my socks off! I can't get over how realistic her hair is!! I'm so jealous of you missus! LOL xxx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Oooooh, lovely, lovely, lovely! Hugs, Lesley

Kezzy said...

Wow wow wow absolutely gorgeous stunning card, I love the image and the colouring is truly awesome. Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge Blog :-) Kezzy xxx

Nicole G said...

Love how you make everything have this unique texture. Great work per usual.