Monday, July 30, 2012

Marie

 July is winding down and in a couple days, August is here so I thought I'd better get this summer card posted.  This is Marie, created by Lia Stampz and she's one of Whimsy Stamps July release digis.  The sentiment is also from Whimsy and it is Summertime, designed by Raindrop Echo. The paper is by Prima and Copics were used to colour the image.  The wood button is also Prima and the brads are Bo Bunny. For the sky, I used Bev Rochester’s cloud template,  and gently rubbed in Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass distress ink.  This card (now I see I didn't have it sitting very straight) was published in Whimsy's Inspiration magazine which is now available for preorder.   I've had a sneak peak of this magazine and it's worth every penny... it is jam packed with inspiration and tutorials.  The shorter, online and free version is available here.

Challenges:
Dream Valley - Summer
Secret Crafter - Bright & Cheerful
Card Making Mamas - 1 Image, 2 papers, 3 embellishments
Emergency Crafters - Circles
Polka Doodle - Summer
Totally Papercrafts - Orange & Yellow (beach ball & paper)
Delightful Challenges - Dog days of summer
Crafty Ribbons - anything to do with holidays (beach, rocks, sand, etc)

27 comments:

heidy said...

Super card Marilyn!
XXX Heidy

Nancy said...

Good morning, Marilyn! It's a gorgeous summer card! Congrats on another publication! You certainly do have great skills with those clouds, my friend! Really like this one a lot!...Nancy :o)

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, such a fabulous image coloured so beautifully. I love the sentiment too

Sue

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your card- the coloring is great- loving the sky you made and loving the button accent too! I'll have to check out the magazine.....

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Marilyn,love the design,Fabulous colouring of the image and great sky.xxx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Marilyn. Love the image and your colouring is fabulous.
Lorraine x

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Marilyn, love the sky,and image.. gorgeous colouring, and love the shape.

Luv CHRISSYxx

carol said...

Super card, fab shape, thanks for playing along with CRAFTY RIBBONS x carol

jimlynn said...

Image, sentiment and card - Fabulous!!! LOVE that cute image and your clouds! This is so cute, Marilyn!
Lynn

Sandy said...

This is so cute - I love it!
Sandy

Renee said...

Oh my I love this! Your coloring is great as always ans so creative!! I think I say the same thing every time but I always have the same oooo and awwww reaction lol

Larelyn said...

Oh, this card is just so much fun. Love the clouds! Thanks for sharing at Delightful Challenges.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Unknown said...

Hi Marilyn! Such a lovely card! the image is gorgeous! hugs Willie

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Love this Marilyn! Those clouds look simply stunning and I just love the papers and design. Beautiful work1 :)

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun card Marilyn - love that image and you have showcased her beautifully.
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

OH she is a hottie :) Love the circular card! Great design and coloring! x0x0

Nelly said...

Fabulous colouring and beautiful colouring !! thanks for joining in with the Polka doodles challenge this week , Nelly X

Kimberly said...

thank you so much for the lovely comment on my blog...I just love this card...the clouds are fab, image and design is perfect...tfs

Shannon White said...

Love this Miss Marilyn! Such a Fun Adorable image and there are those Amazing clouds again! ;-) Your coloring is just as Fabulous as ever! Just a Super Summer card my friend! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

paige said...

Love the circular card design! Delightful image!

downrightcrafty said...

what a gorgeous creation, thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have candy if you are interested and have not already joined me for my celebrations :)

Anonymous said...

Brilliant Marilyn, love the shape and gorgeous colours!
Helen x

gina g said...

Gorgeous card, love the image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons this time and good luck. luv gina xx

ahlers5 said...

Oh gosh, I love this card. Wonderful. Thanks so much for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Diane

Susie said...

Fab card - love the sentiment with the image! Thanks for joining our Summer challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

Helen said...

Fabulous card - such fun!
Thanks for playing at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Fantastic card, I love it! Thanks for joining our summer challenge over at Polka Doodles. Good luck.

Claire x