Friday, September 15, 2017

Surf's Up - All Dressed Up

Today marks a new challenge at All Dressed Up Challenge Blog and my choice of digis to use is Surf's Up.  I have a grandson who is having a birthday shortly and he's really into sharks.  Me, not so much and I'd be scared witless if I ever saw a real one.  No surfing for me....
I'm not sure if I'm happy with this card or not... I smooshed Tim Holt's Tumbled glass and Stormy Sky for the background.  I think I'm unsure because it seems busier than my normal style but regardless, the birthday boy will love it.  He's probably expecting a shark tooth inside but no, it will be some money and he'll probably buy himself a big box of Pokemon cards.
The theme at the All Dressed Up Challenge Blog  is always Anything Goes with the only rule to enter being you use an All Dressed Up image.  If you don't have any, they can be can either be purchased at the All Dressed Up Etsy Shop or downloading one of several cute freebies offered on the blog.
Join us for some fun and wonderful creations at the Facebook Fan PageFacebook Challenge (there is a theme for this one) and there's also a Pinterest page to view some more gorgeousness.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good week!
Copics:
Shark - C5, C3, C2, C0, C00
Crab - R29, R24, R22, R20
Board 0 YR24, YR23, YR21, YR20.  My colours weren't blending like they should so I stroked the colourless blender through and got a bit of a mottled look
Letters & Stripe - R59, R17, R14, R11
Supplies:
Image - All Dressed Up Surf's Up
Sentiment - Paper Smooches Salutations
Dies - My Favorite Things MFT Blueprints 12
Paper -Bo Bunny
Misc - Stickles, Little Things from Lucy's cards Atmosphere sequins (such pretty colours)

10 comments:

Chrissy said...

I love your surfin'shark Marilyn..brilliant colouring and the background is AWEsome..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

It's a great card Marilyn! I love the background and the coloured image looks fantastic too :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh Marilyn, I just love your fabuous water : ) And, your shark image is awesome- great and fun card! I am with you, if I saw a shark I would be scared!!!!!!

Anne said...

This is fabulous Marilyn, more work involved than meets the eye I suspect
Anne x

Christine L said...

Well, before I read you were unsure about it, I was just marvelling at how you created that fab background..... and how perfect it was for the image! Soooo put your doubts at rest Marilyn....... it is really and truly, FABULOUS.. as is your wonderful card... I'm sure your grandson will love it!

Christine x

An Occasional Genius said...

It's a stunning card Marilyn! I totally love it and think you should be very proud of how it's turned out! xx

Tracy said...

Oh boy do I love your background. Great job. Love that fun little crab hanging on for dear life. Super cute boy card. hugs!

Sue said...

Hi Marilyn, I love this fun card!
Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog today, it really touched me - you are so kind. xx

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! I love this card, Marilyn! The happiness in that little crab hanging on the shark's fin is DARLING! What an imaginative piece of artwork! hugs, de

Lorraine said...

Brilliant, love the fun image and your fab colouring
Lorraine x