Saturday, September 23, 2017

alltogethereveleyn - Stampingbella

Hi and I hope you are doing well.
This is going to be a very quick and short post because I am running behind.  I should have had this posted a couple days ago but after being away for five days, I'm finding it difficult to catch up. Slowly but surely....
This card is something different from me.  I've liked the Danielle Donaldson stamps since Stampingbella began carrying them but I was never too sure what I should do with them since I tend to gravitate more towards the cutesie images.  The theme last week at the Stampingbella blog was to make your own background so I immediately thought of the alltogetherevelyn stamp I have and doing a sunburst background. Somewhere in this craft room of mine is a Tim Holtz sunburst stencil which I searched high and low for but did not find so off I went to find one for my Silhouette cutting machine.  Once it was cut, all I did was use sponge in a straw coloured Tim Holz distress ink and the background was done.  After colouring the image, I cut it out with scissors (yeah... I still fight with that cutting machine to cut around images) and glued it down. A few Kennedy Grace Creations Honeybee sequins and the card was finished.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Supplies:
Image & sentiment - alltogetherevelyn
Sequins - Kennedy Grace Creations Honeybee
Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge - Fun Outside
Little Miss Muffet - #172 Anything Goes
Creative Fingers - #137 Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - #350 Anything Goes

9 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card! I really like these images, but haven't bought them because I had no idea how to use them. She looks lovely against that simple background, Jo x

Nancy Thomas said...

What a fun image and colored beautifully. Kudos!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card! I love your background- and it looks like she is on a runway and in the spotlight! Wonderful!!!

Lynne said...

A super card and I love your background. Not sure if I'd be able to use these images either. Your colouring is fab, as always x

Christine L said...

You made a fabulous job of creating your own background Marilyn... I'm loving that sunray! I also love how you coloured this image.. absolutely spot on!

Christine x

Lorraine said...

She looks fabulous and I love the background. A gorgeous card Marilyn
Lorraine x

Sandy said...

YES you are!!!!!!!! Altogether brilliant!
Sandy xx

Darnell said...

You did an amazing job with this out-of-your-comfort-zone image, Marilyn! Your design and coloring suit her perfectly!! Hugs, Darnell

Michelle said...

This is so lovely - gorgeous background for this image - thank you for joining us at a Gem of a Challenge and good luck - Michelle x