Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Grumplings Birthday Card

Hi there and how are you doing?  Gosh, I can hardly believe it's been almost 6 weeks since I've posted but it is.  I was starting to get a little worried you know... like do I want to keep making cards or should I sell my stuff?  Must have been the lack of mojo but today I had no choice.  It is our son-in-law's birthday in a couple days and I need a card!
I'll give you a bit of an update as to what I've been doing.  We've been so busy with the new house.  You know how it is when you decide to paint... then you need to replace baseboards and while we are at it, we might as well upgrade the flooring.  Sheesh... every weekend after work we zip off to the new place, work like fools all weekend so we can get back to another work week at home.  On the upside, we've finished painting the main floor, the baseboards are on and we will be putting in new kitchen cabinets in a couple weeks.  It is a good thing there is no rush because we have all summer to get this done.
Anyway, back to my quickie card.  I used Taylored Expressions Party Grumplings for this one.  I love that set.  It's perfect for quick cards, especially guy cards and I like the sarcastic humour of the sentiments.
I hope to get by to visit some blogs this weekend.  I have been taking quick little peeks at some of your pages and the plan is to pop back this weekend.
Thanks for stopping by and have a good week!
Challenges:
One Crazy Stamper - Anything Goes
Little Miss Muffet - Anything Goes



20 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

That sounds one busy life - I have family who have been doing that the past month or so - they move into the 'new' place this weekend amid paint and plaster and general chaos!
Your card is wonderful Marilyn - love the grumpling, and I feel a bit like that about birthdays now :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Nat said...

your design makes me smile :) !!!! wonderful!! thanks for playing along with us at One Crazy Stamper. Natalie DT

Debra K. said...

Wow, you must be exhausted! Don't make any rash decisions about your card stuff. When everything is finally finished and you have some spare time again you might want to start your cards again. Hang on in there.
Your card is hilarious and has made me smile, a great way to start my day! Debra x

Christine L said...

Oh wow! You have been busy! And you're considering stopping making??? NOOOOOOOOOO!!! Don't do it!! But seriously - I can see how it must be tempting when you've broken the addiction for a while...

This card is fabulous..... LOVE that little grumpy cat!!

Hugs
Christine x

Nancy said...

It's a fantastic card, my friend! You haven't lost your mojo at all...it's just hiding under all the hard work and exhaustion! It will be waiting for you when you've got some creative time! :o)

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Oh, I know what it's like when the Mojo disappears Marilyn, and it takes a while to get back to the crafting. You have obviously found your Mr Mojo now, judging by this brilliant card - it's perfect for a male! I'm sure your Son-in-Law will love it!
Hope you are well, and enjoying the new house. Sounds like you are very busy!
Sylvia xxx

Jeannie said...

Hi Marilyn! This is so cute and the pop of red on the balloon is just perfect!

Jeannie T.
Current Blog Challenge: Who's the Boss? (Embossing)
More Info to Join Here:
Dragonfly Journeys

Sarah said...

Wow you have been busy and it's fantastic to see you...pleeeeease don't give up Crafting you would be missed for sure ! I love these grumplings and your card is a perfect example of how useful they are for chaps. See you soon xx

Kat W said...

Gosh, you have been super busy and it sounds very productive but I'm glad you haven't given up on the crafting...I would so miss your gorgeous cards.
I have this stamp set and they are utterly fabulous, especially for male cards! Their grumpy faces and the fun sentiments are just brilliant and you have made a wonderful card with that fab DP and funky design :-)
Big hugs, Kat xx

Leanne said...

haha love the stamp and the sentiment, great job, nice background Thanks for playing our challenge at One Crazy Stamper.

Leanne DT/OCS.

Carole Pollard said...

Fab design and love the image and fab sentiment lovely love and hugs Carole x

Margaret said...

So glad that you haven't given up the card making. This one is so adorable. Love the image and your background. Good luck on getting the new house all ready for move in. Congrats. Hugs, Maggie

Desire Fourie said...

Such a delightful birthday card and I love the wording lol.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Kerri said...

Omg so very cute love it!!!

Regan said...

So cute, Marilyn! I love the sentiment! Sarcastic humor is my thing so it's no surprise! Lol Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! Good luck with your new house!
{hugs}
Regan

Annette22 said...

Hi Marylin,

your card is great! the sparkling red Balloon is the highlight for me:)

life is so busy, I feel it often too, and time runs,
but if you have done it and it is finished you can be proud on your work. It's a much more better feeling, to have done it on your own.
then its fun but now its hard.
yes you can!

xxxAnnette

Dawn said...

Such a cute little card! I love that image & fun sentiment!
Hope you get some time for a bit of R&R soon!
Hugs
Dawn xx

An Occasional Genius said...

You have to keep making Marilyn, just take a break for more important stuff for a while! Love this card, just makes me smile :-)

Take care & don't work so hard you forget to relax a wee bit too xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

I always love your cards- Oh I hope you do not stop creating : ) I hope your new home is a place of joy and that it all comes together and you love it!

Sandy said...

Am backtracking - it seems that I did not read your posts very well but I am doing it now!!
Sandy xx