Sunday, April 20, 2014

Just So Cool!


It is launch time at All Dressed Up and we have four fantastic images for you for this months launch.  For my card, I've used Just So Cool and I think this image is perfect for a young girl or a special little gal I know who is five and going on twenty-five!

In Word, I flipped/mirrored the image (aren't digis great?), added the sentiment and then drew the lines around the border.  After I coloured her with Copics, I sprinkled a little Frantage and done!
I've noticed a lot of people giving an angled photo view and I quite like the look of it so thought I would give it a it a go.
 And finally, a close up:
Be sure to pop on over to the All Dressed Up Challenge Blog for more inspiration from the team and while there, check out the latest challenge which has the theme Spring - it can be colours or flowers.  There's also some gorgeous DT inspiration to view.
Don't forget to stop by our Facebook Group to share your All Dressed Up creations & chat to fellow crafters and be on the watch for more inspiration from the rest of The Dressy Girls throughout the month.
Thanks for stopping by!
 Here's snips of the images from the latest release.
           Easter Bunny                                                                       Just So Cool

           Little Flower Girl                                                                 On My Farm
Aren't they cute? To purchase any of the images please head on over to the Etsy Shop.
Supplies
Image - All Dressed Up Just So Cool
Sentiment - Create withTLC Totally Cool Collage
Embellishments - Shabby White Frantage
Copics - Denim:  B95, B93, B91, B000.  After colouring, I saturated an old piece of denim with colourless blender and dabbed it over the jeans (I just realized I forgot to do the vest!  You can't really see the texture in the pic but I do think it adds to the colouring);  Shirt V93, V91, V000
Challenges
The ABC Challenge - Just as You Like It (anything goes)
Less is More - Makes Me Smile
My Mum's Craft Shop - Anything Goes
Color Me Creative - Anything Goes
Paper Crafting - No Patterned Paper

39 comments:

Tracy said...

Marilyn this is a wow card, everything is just so perfect with it x

Michelle B. said...

WOW, your card is fantastic and your coloring ... totally cool! I will be buying this one for sure, beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Very cool indeed! A fabulous card Marilyn!
Helen x

Lorraine said...

A stunning card Marilyn. She is so cool and beautifully coloured. Love it
Lorraine x

Sarah said...

She is fabulous Marilyn and "just co cool" indeed!! xx

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Marilyn...fantastic image and colouring and love the sentiment and frantage..fabulous design..love it.

luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Marilyn. I love that image and your colouring looks fabulous. Your CAS design showcases her perfectly.
hugs Sue xx

Kerri said...

great card just love it!!!

mixamatoasties said...

She is just fabulous Marilyn! Love her.

Susan xx

jimlynn said...

Totally cool is exactly right! LOVE IT!
Lynn

Cathy P said...

Another fabulous card, Marilyn! This is such a great use of white space with this fun image. I never think to mirror the digi - great idea! The combination of fonts in the sentiment is awesome! I love the idea that you know a five year old - going on 25! Great image and fun release. So glad you shared your card and your mad-coloring skills with us for the anything goes challenge at Color Me Creative, Friend! Hugs, Cathy xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Marilyn this is absolutely stunning - love your technique of total simplicity on this card - it really makes that image sing.
Blessings
Maxine

Skye said...

A fabulous card. Love the image and design. Great CAS card.

thassos456 said...

Fab card, love the girl digi stamp. :)

Christine L said...

You've really rocked this image Marilyn... this card is fabulous!

Hope you had a lovely Easter..
Christine x

Jen Nelson said...

wow.. this is fabulous marilyn
Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
Less Is More

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous image and I love your card design. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Anne said...

She sure is cool Marylin. Love how you coloured her and the little bit of frantage is just enough embellishment too. A smashing card
Anne x

Linby said...

Really cool card! love your colouring.
Linbyx

Anne said...

Marilyn what super colouring and fab card!
Thank you for joining us at Less is More.
Anne
LIM Designer

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,lovely design and details.xxx

Julie B said...

Love the cool chick, great CAS design.:)

Sandy said...

Beautifully done but what I want to know is how do you stay so restrained with the Frantage!
Sandy xx

wienerhoneymooners said...

WOW, oh WOW, you are an amazing talent! Love the puffy elements in the small dots, and this is just so great!

Thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting Challenges, so glad you found us here, and hope you are inspired to join us again!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Marilyn, this is just beautiful. I love how you made it a CAS and used Word to create the design. I wish I could do this...I am going to try...I just love all these images and have almost every one of them. Your coloring is just beautiful. On my way to the Facebook Page now...Hugs, joann

Unknown said...

Lovely CAS card, Marilyn! These new stamps are so pretty...

Kelly said...

I love what you did with her and boxing in the image and sentiment, looks great. Fabulous coloring also. I love her denim and the shadows, her hair is so pretty. Sassy teen! I love the new images too, very cute!
Hugs Kelly

Unknown said...

Totally blown away here! LOVE how you coloured her and the doodling and the Frantage and Oh! I could just go on and on! xxx

cotnob said...

This is a stunning card, so beautifully designed.
Pauline
x

Kat W said...

Absolutely love what you did with this image and the sentiment is perfect for her! The Frantage looks amazing - I'm quite sure if I tried to do this it would look a mess but I love it on your cards!
Hugs, Kat x

Dotty Jo said...

Love that new image! great card, Jo x

Chrissie said...

Fun card Marilyn!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Nancy said...

FABULOUS card, my friend! The sentiment is perfect and the Frantage just right! :o)

Darlene said...

Marilyn, this card is too cool!!! Love that you flipped the image and added those lines around the edges. The frontage is a very nice touch too. Add to all of these features your incredible coloring skills, and it makes for a fantastic card! So nice!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the overall design!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Just a totally cool and fun card x

Nicole G said...

Love the texture on her jeans and just a fun and happy card!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous card Marilyn - it would look great from any angle! Fab. colouring and frantage - just LOVE it!
Sylvia xx

Janice said...

I could spend all night on your blog! Amazing cards and delightful colouring, a joy to visit! J x