Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ginger Beer and Sexy Jessica - Bizzy Becs Pin Up Girls


Two more cards using Bizzy Bec's digi Pin Up Girls Collection.  This image is Ginger Beer and makes a perfect 'guy card' for so many reasons... a scampy, scantily clad pretty girl and beer... and not necessarily in that order! The paper is Basic Grey's 6x6 pad called the Curio Collection and I've used the Spellbinders Labels Ten for the image.  The stars and frame around the sentiment were cut with Nellie Snellen dies.  The sentiment is Whimsy Starmps Party Mini Letter Seals which I won from the May blog hop .  I coloured the image with Copics, then added some gold stickles for the beer sparkles and covered the whole glass with Glossy Accents.  The foam was created using a Marvy Uchida Snow Marker pen I'd bought awhile ago.  Bought that pen for no other reason than that I didn't have one and was very skeptical about it working but holy cow... when you add heat, you should see that stuff puff up.  Very, very cool medium.
This card uses the Sexy Jessica image which I've also coloured with Copics.  The paper is My Mind's Eye, the scallop die is a Nellie Snellen and the sentiment from Whimsy Stamps Birthday Letter Seals.  The brads and ribbon are from my stash.  I have to say, these pin up girls make fabulous adult masculine cards... I always struggle with those but these fit the bill perfectly.
Be sure to check out Bizzy Bec's Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the design team have come up with because there's some fabulous creations there.  The June challenge (All About Lace) is also waiting for your entry.
Photobucket

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Marilyn, love these sassy ladies. That first card would be up my hubbies ally, beer and a sexy lady LOL! HUgs, Frea

Shannon White said...

Ooh, La,La... 8-) LOve both these pin up gals.. Fabulously colored too! Love the dp's and great card layouts too! Love the head of foam on your ginger beer too!

Hugs
Shannon 8-)

Renee said...

Wow!! Are these self portraits?? LOL! Love these Mar…you are so talented!

Jacki Daniels said...

Great images you have used here love them great for male cards just had a look through some of your posts your cards are fab now following
Jacki xx

Alissa said...

Woo hoo! Love these hot mama cards Marilyn :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Ginger Beer card! This would be perfect for my son who is turning 21 in a few weeks! What colors did you use for the beer?

Thanks,
Brenda

Marilyn said...

Hi Brenda,
Thanks for the kind words... I'm hoping you will see this but will you email me and I'll pass along the info.
I tried to email you but of course I can't because it is 'anonymous'